If you are a business and are wanting to appear in Google searches, locally or otherwise, you need to set up a Google My Business profile.
What is Google My Business?
Google my Business is Googles Business Directory. Small business and Not for Profits can use the directory to promote their business and showcase business info and activities such as location, products and services, opening times, menus, events, images, reviews and much more.
If you consistently update information and ask your customers for reviews Google will reward you with a spot on its local Map Pack. And once you appear there when the user types in your local product or service, it is going to start raining clicks!
Benefits of Google My Business
Google My Business can help you to attract, engage, and convert customers. With Google My Business profile that is up to date and verified, you can:
- Receive phone calls, messaging, reviews from customers
- See how customers interact and connect with your business
- Feature services, products, and other business info on Google
How do I set up a Google My Business profile you may ask. Easy-Peasy! Here are the steps to follow.
- Visit https://www.google.com.au/business/sign-up/index.html
- If you have an Google account already, which you are happy to use to manage your Google My business ? login
- If you go not have a Google account, follow the prompts to create one. It?s FREE
- Once you?re in enter your business details such as your Business name, Business Address, your business tpe ? shopfront or service (you can select that you visit people in their locations and hide your home address if you work from home and do not see people there)
- Select your business category, don?t be vague put down exactly what your business offers
- Add phone number, email and website address. If you do not have a website link to a Facebook profile and then call A la Marketing and we will build you a website.
- Verify your listing. You will most likely be given ONLY the option to have a postcard sent to your address. This may take a few weeks to arrive. Once it does open it to reveal the code inside, log back into Google My Business and select Verify and enter the code.
- Complete populating all your business information inclusing adding images and articles. Once your business is verified all of these things will be available to your audience.
- Maintain your profile.
- Ask for reviews, answer all reviews, even the bad ones.
- Ensure you post images and articles often.
- If you hours of operation change, update your profile. You can add special holiday hours for any short term changes.
For information on other important online tools visits the following blogs